The BrainFlow plugin adds data acquisition for several EEG amplifiers to MNE Scan. For more information about the BrainFlow project please see:
Make sure that you have brainflow git submodule by typing:
git submodule update --init applications/mne_scan/plugins/brainflowboard/brainflow
Build it as a regular Cmake project. For MSVC you need to ensure that you use exactly the same Cmake generator as for MNE-CPP. Also, you need to specify
MSVC_RUNTIME as dynamic (default is static) and set the
-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=..\installed flag. For compilation with MSVC 2015 on a 64bit system do:
cd mne-cpp\applications\mne_scan\plugins\brainflowboard\brainflow\ mkdir build cd build cmake -G "Visual Studio 14 2015 Win64" -DMSVC_RUNTIME=dynamic -DCMAKE_SYSTEM_VERSION=8.1 -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX="..\\installed" .. cmake --build . --target install --config Release
For a MSVC 2017 build you need to use
Visual Studio 15 2017 Win64 instead.
- After the steps above make sure that you use the
withBrainFlow. You can also set the flag manually in the mne-cpp.pri file.
- Build MNE Scan.
- BrainFlow has several dynamic libraries and a JSON file which must be in your search path before you run MNE Scan. You need to copypaste all dynamic libraries and the brainflow_boards.json file to your executable folder
- You need to provide all inputs required for the selected board and click
Submit Params and Prepare Sessionbutton. For information about inputs in BraiFlowBoard plugin widget use this table.
- You can now start data streaming using the play button.
- If you need to change board or other parameters click
Release Sessionbutton and create a new one.
- [Optional] if you need to send a config command to a board, open setting widget and enter a config command.